For most people, the transition into third level education is a major change. Whether you’re living at home with your folks, in lodgings, an apartment or a house-share, student life means a whole new way of living. You have more choices to make – when to study, when to work, when to have fun and how to look after your money.
A student loan can help in many ways, whether it’s to pay for registration fees, rent, books, course material or just living expenses.
At this expensive stage in life, you’ll find that Kilrush Credit Union is here to help members with a low cost Student Loan package. Here’s what makes our Student Loan different:
- Very competitive variable rate – 6% (APR 6.17%)
- No hidden fees or transaction charges.
- Flexible repayment terms to suit your particular circumstances.
- Interest is charged on your reducing loan balance, so you only pay interest on what you owe.
- The amount you can borrow is not based on the value of shares held in the linked student account.
- This loan package is available for those starting or returning to third level education.
- Loans are insured by the Credit Union’s Loan Protection Policy. This cover is available at no extra cost. (Terms & Conditions apply)
What you need to bring with you when applying for a loan?
To provide members with an efficient service where full loan assessment can be completed (for the most part within 24 hours), the following documentation will be required:
- Recent pay slips (if applicable)
- Up to date bank statements covering 3 months
- Loan purpose backup e.g. course acceptance
A guarantor will also be required on all student loans. Evidence of Income and Expenditure will be requested for your guarantor also.