6% (APR 6.18%)
For most people, the transition into third level education is a major change. Whether you’re living at home with your folks, in lodgings, an apartment or a house-share, student life means a whole new way of living.
You have more choices to make – when to study, when to work, when to have fun and how to look after your money. A student loan can help in many ways, whether it’s to pay for registration fees, rent, books, course material or just living expenses.
Try out our Loan Calculator
Maximum Loan Term :
This calculator is for illustrative purposes only, to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. The Credit Union, or any of its staff, cannot be held responsible for any errors. Please note that this calculator only provides an indicative quote and actual repayments may vary.
What do I need to apply?
For personal applications the following documents are required:
- 2 Most Recent Payslips
- Bank account statement for 3 previous months
- Proof of rent or other liabilities if not evident on your bank statement
- Statements for your revolut account if this is your main day to day account
If Self employed/director of a company you will also need to provide:
- Two most recent set of financial accounts
- The most recent chapter 4 self assessment / Form 11
- Tax Clearance Certificate / letter from your accountant confirming tax affairs are up to date
Additional requirements for a STUDENT LOAN:
- A guarantor is required on all student loans, they will have to provide the standard loan documentation in support of your application
- Proof of course
Why apply with us?
At this expensive stage in life, you’ll find that Kilrush Credit Union is here to help members with a low cost Student Loan package.
Here’s what makes our Student Loan different:
- Very competitive variable rate – 6% (APR 6.18%)
- No hidden fees or transaction charges.
- Flexible repayment terms to suit your particular circumstances.
- Interest is charged on your reducing loan balance, so you only pay interest on what you owe.
- The amount you can borrow is not based on the value of shares held in the linked student account.
- This loan package is available for those starting or returning to third level education.
- Loans are insured by the Credit Union’s Loan Protection Policy. This cover is available at no extra cost. (Terms & Conditions apply)